Saturday, January 14, 2012

Agave Southwestern Grille

So, last night my hubby and I went to "Agave Southwestern Grille" for dinner. It was wonderful! We started off the evening with homemade tortilla chips that had sea salt baked onto the chips! I love this touch, because you don't have to shake a little salt onto each chip. Slight disappointment came when I dipped my chip into the salsa, oh well. Then, 10 minutes to long, out came our soups. The evening was chilly (for us Florida Crackers) so between the outdoor heaters and a cup of Sopa de Frijoles Negros (Black bean soup) I stayed comfortable. Jason had the Sopa de tortilla con pollo ahumado (tortilla soup with smoked chicken) which was fabulouso!! After waiting another 20 minutes our entrees finally came out! After black bean soup and a load of chips I was completely stuffed. However, not wanting to offend the waiter, I ate half of my entree of one pork tamale and and one chicken enchilada with more black beans, (wish I would of known this prior to me ordering black bean soup) a jalapeno cheddar corn cake, and rice. Hubby ordered mahi mahi tacos with jicama slaw (his sides were the same as mine). This place was deliciously different and worth every penny!

Positive Recap: DELICIOUS and great menu options

Negative Recap: Long wait for seat if you want to dine in and long wait in between courses. Be prepared to pay a little higher price range when dining.

Contact Info for Agave Southwestern Grille
2380 Vanderbilt Beach Road Naples, Florida 34109
(239) 598-3473

No comments:

Post a Comment